Saturday, March 21, 2015

Focus (2015)

Focus is a heist movie, or rather a heists movie.  Unlike a typical movie that culminates in one big heist, this movie has two smaller ones.  As a consequence, there is no climax.  In such a slick movie called Focus, I was expecting a big twist at the end that I would have noticed if I had focused more.  This was not the case.  There is a twist, but it is by no means monumental.  Overall, I was disappointed by the ending.  It felt small for the glamour of the rest of the film.  The final heist was not nearly as clever as the first one. I appreciated the small twist of the first one, but expected more on the last.  The whole movie has a really sleek feel.  Will Smith and Margot Robbie are both very glamorous, kind of funny too.  There are times when I genuinely laughed, but other times when the film takes itself too seriously in contrast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment