Monday, November 23, 2015

New in Town (2012)

To say that I love New in Town would be an understatement.  John Mulaney is hilarious in all of the stand up he does.  I was lucky that he visited Johns Hopkins and did an extended set, longer than he was paid for.  I have seen this particular set at least four times now, and I do not watch anything four times.  It's a shame his TV show didn't work out last year.  I love how he does voices, especially his impression of Ice-T.  He is capable of doing so many voices, and even the ones of people you don't know, his personal acquaintances, are still funny.  He makes jokes about mundane moments in his life that any one else might have simply forgotten, but he finds the comedy in it and he harps on it and lingers on the joke, and brings it back later, and it leaves me laughing every time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment