Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Mike Birbiglia: Thank God for Jokes (2017)

Mike Birbiglia is a pretty funny guy. I was prompted to watch his latest stand up special because Michelle invited me to see him live at the Warner Theater. He's quite good in person. He has very good timing. And his special makes me laugh. He does a bit about being late; the punch line is that there is an infinite amount of time you can be on time, so there is really no excuse to be late (we were almost late, of course). The bit extends the whole set, and he muses that humanity is divided between on-time people and late people. He's a good story teller. And he's quite likable. He's not my favorite, that title belongs to John Mulaney and Tig Notaro, but I'm excited to see what he does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment