Saturday, May 25, 2019

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

The Star Trek movies haven't aged so well. The special effects are really lame. Consider that by 1982, the world had already seen Star Wars while Star Trek was still using 60s-era VFX which I'm sure were really cool when Star Trek first premiered on TV. I quite like Star Trek otherwise, but I admit I fell asleep watching this one on the plane. The plot is much simpler than the sci-fi movies we're used to nowadays. Ricardo Montalban's Khan is devilishly good. I was surprised to see Kirstie Alley, who I did not realize had ever done Star Trek. Did Spock have to die? There have been so many incarnations of Spock that he doesn't really feel dead anyways, but I assume that packed a big punch at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment