Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Billy on the Street (2011-17)

I am not embarrassed to say that Billy on the Street is the greatest thing to ever air on TV. I'm only sorry to say that I never ran into Billy on the street, or I would even have been elated to come across Elena. I would have loved to have him yell at me for a dollar or to get quizzed in the face or to be seriously asked a rhetorical question in disgust. Billy Eichner, a Stuyvesant alum, has a unique brand of man-on-the-street comedy that is admittedly not for everyone, but I am firmly in that niche of pop culture elitists crossed with New Yorkers that don't give a shit about anything. The format is so simple yet so effective. Billy is endlessly quotable and this gem of a show makes me laugh uncontrollably. There is a Billy clip for everything. So I went back and watched seasons 2-5 on Netflix and season 1 on TruTV. Now his only new content is infrequent and digital only. Bring on more content!

No comments:

Post a Comment