Monday, August 28, 2017

The Lego Batman Movie (2017)

The Lego Batman movie is not quite as good as its predecessor. It's still punny. Its humor is of the fast and ridiculous type. And of course, it is knowingly ridiculous. I really enjoyed the first Lego movie, but I wasn't crazy about this one. I think what I really liked was the Will Ferrell twist. In this film, there are tons of references to previous Batman movies and other cultural references galore but they didn't always land for me. Maybe it was just trying to do too much but I didn't find it as enjoyable. Will Arnett is playing a character that is funny but super annoying in my opinion. And I understand that that's just the character, and it plays with kids, but he was getting on my nerves.Whereas Chris Pratt was a fun and playful character that really fit the personality of Lego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment