Thursday, November 23, 2017

Three Colours: Blue (Trois couleurs: Bleu) (1993)

I really wanted to like this film, but I was kind of underwhelmed. It is about so much more than grief. It is about the liberty of a woman without anymore family. Juliette Binoche is absolutely stunning. It's a beautifully shot movie. The colors are striking.  I just wasn't really able to connect with the movie. It didn't move me; I think it may be another one that requires a viewer with more life experienced. Music is very important to the plot of the movie. But I don't think the music was all that good, to be honest. It didn't have the emotional heft that such a movie demanded. The Three Colours trilogy is based on the themes of the French Revolution. And this movie is appropriately uniquely French (the nonchalance of the lover and her child). 

No comments:

Post a Comment