Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Fiore (2016)

After watching this movie, I'm not entirely sure why it is called Fiore. But that doesn’t detract from the movie. It is a sweet saccharine love story that ends predictably but properly. It follows a young romance that develops in a detention center. At times it almost feels like Orange is the New Black, humanizing criminals. The detention center isn't all bad. There are opportunities to have fun and make friends. It is almost even an uplifting image of Italian social services. I can only imagine that it is probably an inaccurate depiction but I can't say for sure. Daphne Soccia is a refreshing newcomer, playing in every scene and stealing many of them. I wasn't crazy about the male lead, Josciua Algeri. I can't quite say why, cause it's not like he was bad, I just didn't think his chemistry with Daphne worked quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment