Thursday, June 2, 2016

Gimme Danger (2016)

It's not a bad film, it's just not a midnight movie. At midnight, you need a blockbuster to keep you up. This movie lacked explosiveness. And I found that not being familiar with Iggy Pop's music made it difficult to care. I just wasn't really engaged with the movie. And it was too late and I was too tired to try very hard. But Iggy Pop showed up, naturally without a shirt. I don't think he passes the red carpet dress code, but they let him through. It is a pretty typical documentary with talking head interviews and archival clips. One weird thing was I thought the font they use in the movie was borderline illegible. It was something you'd find on a Halloween party invitation. It seemed inappropriate for a documentary about a rock musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment